Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Dear Shelkeia

This was a part of an excercise introducing the girls to video blogs or "vlogs". This particular vlog is Shelkeia's advice to a scenario involving a young woman having problems with her boyfriend.


Dear Shelkeia,

My name is Monique, I'm 18 years old and I'm from Oakland, Ca. Me and my boyfriend have been together for almost two years. Right now I'm 8 months pregnant. He's a good guy, and he's been there for me when I needed someone but lately he's been acting funny. Three weeks ago, he left our apartment and said he was going to go to the store, after he didn't come back for a few hours I called him, but his phone went straight to voicemail. I called his mother, his friends, everybody, but still, I didn't hear from him. Three days later, he comes in the house, I've been worried sick, and he just strolls in and goes in the room. When I ask him what happened, he said that his car broke down and that he stayed at his moms house for a few days while it was getting fixed. I want to believe him, but the story just doesn't add up. What do you think I should do? I want us to be a family, but I don't want to put my baby through all of this drama.

Thanks,
Monique

No comments: