Friday, May 2, 2008

Why Can't Games Influence Kids to Make Their Lives Better?

From what I have been through and what I have seen, Grand Theft Auto is a good but kids take it to the point to where they really try to rob someone or to shoot someone. Sometimes things don’t go the way they planned. I have played the game before because it looked very interesting and I love the way you could kill people and have sex with hos. But at the same time, this game makes me want to go and do something to someone because all the stuff I have been through.

See, my uncle died from gang violence and he was shot 17 times in Los Angeles when I was 4 years old, so I have been through some things that no one else has. Sometimes I wish they wouldn’t make things to influence kids and teenagers to do certain things. Like, if I was to make games I would make some thing to influence them to go to school or to make your life into a better life than what I had, cause I don’t want any one to suffer like I did without a mother or my uncle. I sometimes cry to myself because I don’t have any one but my grandmother and some people say I am never going to be anything in my life, but I think better of myself. Change your life before life changes you.

- Ienee

No comments: