Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Changing the Gender of the Dream.....

In my mind, I believe that Michele Obama is an African American leader. I say this not only because she's of African American descent, but also because she's bringing lots of change to what we see everyday. I know, personally, she's the reason my mother gets up and does her best everyday. Michelle says that she's making an active change in the White House and it's not something you see all the time in a first lady. I like that Michelle gives speeches and relates to the changes that we want in our communities. You could tell that she's genuine with her goals for the decisions, and not just an act or to look good. I feel she believes that it should come natural to help your husband not just at home but, also with everything he does. Also, I believe that she could hold her own.

-Akilah Watkins

No comments: