Monday, November 10, 2008

Keep the Change Alive

I believe that change is very important to this economy. Me personally, I feel that a lot of things should be different in this world - especially since we had so many presidents who are the reason to blame. Violence is a big change that needs to happen soon, before our Latino American and African American sisters and brothers are no more. We as a nation rely on our president to decide on change. So things like the killings in Oakland getting higher and the H.I.V rates going up are serious issues that need to be handled. Senator Barack Obama could be that change that we all need. Even though he hasn't said anything about change, he preaches hope. I hope that he can make the necessary change possible for us as a nation. He also preaches change. So that we could get rid of this war that's been going on. Also, so that the crime rate could go down. These are qualities and change we need in a president. Us as African Americans and Latinos in this community should be apart of this change. In my eyes I'm relying on the elders in my community to keep the change alive and believe that we are overdue for hope.

- Akilah

No comments: