Wednesday, October 7, 2009

The Dentist is hating on my smile

I am 16 years old. During a check up at the dentist I was told I need braces. So my mother took me for a fitting for my braces, that's when my mother received news that my health care plan wouldn't cover it because my teeth weren't "crooked enough." So i guess that means unless my mom wants to pay thousands of dollars, my smile doesn't matter to them. It's a shame because in foreign countries they have universal health care, and would be glad to supply me braces. I would love for my senior year smile to be flawless, but unfortunately with my moms health care plan not wanting to cover what it should, it doesn't seem like it's going to happen. When I get older I know I would need mandatory health care such as a dentistry doctory and so forth. In the near future I hope health care grounds can change for the better, because as American citizens we pay taxes involuntarily, our young men can get drafted into the war, so why is it that health care cant be involuntary?
-Akilah Watkins

No comments: