Wednesday, August 20, 2008

WHAT GIRL EMPOWERMENT MEANS TO ME

If I had my own girl’s empowerment group then I would talk about not getting plastic or cosmetic surgery and if they could have like an idol it would have to be Beyonce Knowles, Alicia Keys, or Jill Scott. I wouldn’t encourage them to be anything like Trina or Lil Kim or any of those video vixens, because they always dress like half naked and think they are cute and the stuff they rap about in their songs wouldn’t motivate anybody in doing something except for nasty stuff. They wouldn’t want they kids listening to it and video vixens just let famous people do whatever they want to them because they think they go get famous, they do stuff like dance without underclothes and you wouldn’t want to inspire anybody to do that.

In my program we would talk about stuff like appearance and not always wearing so much make-up or at least no a lot of it. I heard that if you wear a lot of make up everyday when you get old you have to keep wearing make up all the time. I think that you shouldn’t always have to wear stuff on your face to be pretty, because if you get a good boyfriend he should like you when the make up is on or when it’s off.


- LATAJH WEAVER

No comments: