Tuesday, May 5, 2009

My Mom Supports Her Man

In my family, my mom is bringing home the money. She has five kids, plus a big 34-year-old kid (her boyfriend). She has to support everyone and pay the bills. Her boyfriend is okay with being broke and mooching off of my mom. This is bad because I can’t take my mom’s money because he takes it all. I think my mom will keep supporting him because they have kids together and she wants him to be around.

I think this trend does affect relationships between men and women because I don’t think it makes a woman think positively of a man that she has to take care of. I think it’s okay for women to pay for men sometimes, but not to make it a national habit.

I see boys my age asking girls for money and I think they are moochers. I believe in being treated like a lady and that your man should take care of you. News flash to ladies who are paying for their boyfriends: you are not his mother!

- Jazmin Watkins, 17

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I know exactly how you feel. My mom has been in complete financial burden for 9 years now, Because of this lazy ass mooch! I really wish moms would quit letting this happen. If I figure out how to get rid of a mooch I will let you know. :)