Wednesday, November 7, 2007

The Loyalty of Shelkeia Green's Relationship

Well, it started when I was 12 years old. I met my boyfriend when I was coming out of my house and going to hang out. I saw my boyfriend sitting with all my play-brothers and he asked me my name and I told him. Ever since then, we have been going out. Then I got into some trouble when I was 14. I got caught with a gun at Mac High and the principal pressed charges on me. From there on, it seemed like I couldn’t stay out of jail

My boyfriend started to get mad at me because I kept going back to jail. So, we broke up for like a week and then we got back together. The judge kept sending me to group homes and I ran to my boyfriend house and was on the run for a long time. The last time I went to jail, he went too because he robbed more than one gas station and they gave him time.

So, we had to communicate through mail, because he was in jail and I was too -- but they stopped letting us send mail inmate to inmate. Now that I am out, I write him 24/7 and put money on his books. When he gets out, he’s going to change his life around. That's what I'm doing this time. I'm doing the right thing by not cutting him off and completing the program so I can have fun with my family and friends. Also, I go see my boyfriend in Santa Rita, where he's locked up.

I am surprised that our relationship has lasted this long. Why? Because we have had our ups and downs, but we always seem to pull it together. One thing that has made our relationship last is trust and the fact that we take the time out to express the way we feel towards what’s good or not right in our relationship. Also, what I think made him do all the stuff he did is because I was in jail and pregnant, so it made him stress out more. I told him that I was getting an abortion because I wasn’t settled or ready to take care of a baby. The good part about my relationship is my loyalty, especially right now as I wait for him to get out so we can be together and start on a positive level.

- Shelkeia Green

No comments: