Wednesday, February 4, 2009

How I know the economy is bad

This year I knew the economy for me was bad because for Christmas I only got one
pair of Air Jordan’s and a House of Derion Outfit.Last year I got three pairs shoes a pair of heels and two pair of sneakers and I also got 12 outfits so you can imagine my surprise at the low amount of gifts. IT was this year I realized I need to work if I want the finer things in life.

Prom is coming up and it’s like the most important moment in a young girls life for me I guess im going to have to make it happen on my own since the economy is bad. It’s not fair for me to ask my mom to spent almost three thousand dollars for my dress my shoes my makeup my ticket my ride etc. I really want to help out.

So here’s what im gonna do. I already got my hustle I braid and weave hair at like $65 dollars a head for braids and weaves simple styles. As for anyone else my advice is to find something you are good at and work at it. I think by doing hair I should have half of the money I need for prom by the 31st of May that is like $2500. But even after the prom I plan to help my mom through this hard economy as much as I can.


Jazmin -17 Oakland High Student

No comments: